A massive thank you to Baerbel and Johan for nominating my blog for the Liebster Blog award. I am very grateful and honoured that you think my blog is worthy of this award. For those of you reading this that haven’t checked out their blog already I highly recommend it, insightful posts about their adventures cycling around the world.
The Liebster Blog award is given to bloggers by bloggers and is for new, up and coming blogs with less than 200 followers. It requires me to answer the 5 questions set by Baerbel and Johan then nominate a further 5 blogs which I think are good reads and deserve this award.
- What would you do if you won the lottery?
I would firstly give a large proportion to charity, friends and family then with the remainder I would fund a life living on the road in which I could cycle around the world at my pleasure.
- What’s your favourite dish? Share the recipe.
PASTA! I just can’t get enough of it, if I could eat it every meal I would. There are so many different variations and all easy to make. My personal favourite for when on a cycle tour would be farfalle pasta with a tomato sauce, some olives, capers and parmesan. Easy to make, great to taste and great energy content after a hard day in the saddle.
- If you were reborn as an animal which animal would you be and why?
I think I would be an elephant, an intelligent animal that is curious, caring and empathic. Also it spends its life roaming savannas, deserts and forests. I would enjoy not having to stay still and being constantly on the move to new unseen territories.
- If you had to leave your home country where would you like to live and why?
If I had to leave England, I would like to go back and live in the USA where I was born as the vast country has such a varied interesting landscape. However if I didn’t have to pick one country I would definitely just become a permanent traveller and go cycling; see the world.
- What is your preferred mode of transportation while travelling and why?
Obviously it has to be the bicycle. I find when travelling by bicycle you are really connected with the environment and the landscape around you. It is a vocal point with which you automatically connect with people as people cycle everywhere all over the world. You see the world at a slower pace and you get the added satisfaction that it is human powered travel.
I’d like to nominate the following blogs for a Liebster Blog award:
And here are my 5 questions:
- Where in the world would you like to travel to and why?
- What is your greatest achievement so far and why?
- If you could travel through time and space where would you go?
- What is the most exciting thing you have ever done?
- Give a random fact about yourself.